Tuesday, 15 September 2026

GREENWICH FOOT TUNNEL YOUTUBE VLOG NOW LIVE...

 My Greenwich Foot Tunnel YouTube vlog is now live!


I recently visited Greenwich during London's Open House festival, which runs for about a week every September. It's where many museums allow you to enter free of charge, and where buildings that are mostly closed to the public sling open their doors for viewing. I'm saving what I got up to in Greenwich for another time, but to get there I got off my Docklands train a stop early, as I like to take a wander through the Greenwich Foot Tunnel.

Construction work began on the tunnel in 1899, and it was opened in 1902. Sitting 50 ft deep, it is a 1,215 ft long walkway beneath the River Thames, is open 24/7 and has around 4,000 people pass through it every day. It is one of only two walkways underneath the river; the other being Woolwich Foot Tunnel and, like that tunnel has both lifts and a spiral staircase at both ends.

This is only a short vlog, but come and take a walk in my shoes as I swim with the fishes! Okay then, maybe I'm exaggerating a tad- I'm simply in a tunnel that's hopefully surrounded by fishes- but it's still quite an atmospheric walk.

I have blogged about Greenwich several times before...


2nd general Greenwich blog:-

The Old Royal Naval College:-

The Painted Hall:-

The Fan Museum:-

Remember to like and subscribe, and don't forget to follow my blog as well!

TTFN

The Miss Elaineous

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXX
X

No comments:

Post a Comment