Wednesday 24 May 2017

TITANIC NECKLACE and LIFEBOAT NECKLACE...

Whilst I was in Great Yarmouth I visited their Time and Tide Museum, which is housed in a converted herring curing works and demonstrates what their fish trade was all about.  It also shows a more general history of the area and is a truly lovely tourist attraction, being educational yet informative.
Their temporary exhibition was the fabulous Titanic: Honour & Glory, a fascinating collection that depicted what life was like on board the doomed ship.  My favourite displays were the model of the ruined ocean liner sitting destroyed on the sea bed and a replica of the Heart of the Ocean (Le Coeur de la Mer) necklace that Kate Winslet wore in the 1997 mega-successful film, Titanic.
I was upset, however, that copies of the necklace were not available to buy in the museum shop (a bit of an oversight on their part, methinks) as I was hell-bent on buying one.

But I searched eBay and found this little set for just over a fiver... 
Here's a very nonplussed Charlie the Chocolate Magic Monkey modelling the stunning necklace and cute earrings, bracelet and ring.

Moving on from ocean liners to lifeboats, we always make time to visit Caister Lifeboat Station when we partake of out annual pilgrimage to Caister, as it is not part of the RNLI and is totally reliant on charity.  We always do our bit by having a wander around their visitor's centre, looking at the lifeboats, both old and modern, and talking to the various characters who help keep this place going.  We treat ourselves to a cuppa and cake and this year had the added bonus of seeing many well-behaved mutts, as a dog show was taking place.

I bought a couple of books from their charity shop and also found this lovely pearl and diamante earring and necklace set.  For £2, I wasn't going to say no!
Modelled by my monkey...

Close up...

I shouldn't even be looking at costume jewellery as I own W-A-A-A-Y too much... 
But I love my bling!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment