Sunday 2 June 2019

MY FASHION DESIGNS, PART 2...

I found these old designs whilst emptying out my fashion portfolio...
They're from a collection I put together entitled Flamenco Flamenca, and are inspired by both a (you guessed it!) Spanish theme and the film One Night At McCool's, which starred Liv Tyler and Michael Douglas. I think they're from 2001/2002 and it's Miss Elaineous at her tackiest and tartiest best!!!! 😁
It's such a shame that there's so little work left available in the British fashion industry. I had something quite fun and interesting to offer. 😞

I've entitled this post Part 2, as I've blogged about my time as a fashion designer in more detail.  Here is the link:-

I'm tempted to make at least one of these up for myself- or at least revamp something I find in a charity shop/ source on eBay...

I had a pretentious tutor (now semi-famous) at the London College of Fashion who HATED the repetitive poses I drew my designs onto- I replied that I was a designer, not a figure-drawing artist, and the whole point of the sketches was the clothing!

These are gorgeously sexy, yet actually quite purist dresses, simple in their construction...

My portfolio always provoked strong reactions in potential employers- they either loved it or they hated it, just like Marmite (I'm a lover of that, too!)😁
I always found that after a horrendous interview with a hater- some of the faces I've seen pulled at my work (generally speaking by boring, overly-commercial directors) have been worth a few Kodak moments- came a paying job offered to me by a lover.

There's karma for you.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX





No comments:

Post a Comment