Sunday 1 September 2024

THE HILL GARDEN AND PERGOLA YOUTUBE VLOG LIVE...

 My Hill Garden and Pergola YouTube vlog is now live!


Link:-

The Hill Garden and Pergola stretches for over 230 metres, and is a raised walkway of more than one level; some 20-30 feet high. The house next door was once owned by Lord Leverhulme (1851-1925), who made a fortune manufacturing soaps from vegetable oils. He remodelled his house- called The Hill- extensively, even adding a ballroom. He created the Hill Garden and Pergola to offer extra space when entertaining his guests. It also added extra privacy, so that the riff-raff who traversed Hampstead Heath- which is, after all, a public right-of-way- couldn't see into his house! I can't believe that I didn't even know about this place until stumbling across it by accident a few weeks ago. Come and see (what I now call) my secret garden, in the centre of London's biggest cottage!

  As you know, I will always be a writer before anything else, and I have blogged about the Hill Garden and Pergola recently, link:-


Remember to like and subscribe, and don't forget to follow my blog as well!

TTFN

The Miss Elaineous

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXX
X

No comments:

Post a Comment