Monday 21 May 2018

MISS ELAINEOUS VISITS CROMER...

We took the train to this charming north Norfolk town (I don't think I had ever been, despite being brought up in Norfolk) intending to spend the day there.  As it was, we had completed all we needed to do in a couple of hours!

There really is not much here- you have one main street that contains a variety of shops, a large church and a cute museum.  We took a cursory look at the latter two but didn't linger.  Many years ago, a friend of mine spent a week honeymooning in Cromer.  All I can say is, I hope her and her new husband were very compatible in the, ahem, carnal area, as there didn't look like much else to do.  Mind you, that's the whole point of a honeymoon, isn't it?!

But I couldn't say that I didn't have a wonderful time.  I did exactly what I came to do, which was see the interestingly shaped pier and eat a Cromer crab sandwich. Cromer is famous for its crabbing industry, I hadn't eaten proper, dressed crab since I was a little girl and my delicious meal (actually breakfast!) did not disappoint.

Here is the full length of the pier...

Looking down from the pier entrance.  I believe it's the only pier with an end of pier theatre in the world, and acts are showcased here every summer and Christmas.

Looking back to the headland...

Looking east...


Looking west...


Close-up of stones embellishing the cliff walkway walls...

A PDF of the Jetty Cafe (silly me didn't take a piccie!), where I ate my crab 'breakfast'....  It gets good reviews and I can understand why.

Finally, I had to have a charity shop find.  This twisty bracelet cost me all of  £1.50!

Would I return?  Not in a hurry, but I wouldn't rule it out.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment