Tuesday 18 November 2014

ALL THAT GLITTERS IS SOME KIND OF WONDERFUL...

I like my bling!  Very much so, and I always have.  So (as requested by some) I thought I'd share a couple of my favourites with you.
  This is Charlie the Chocolate Magic Monkey modelling.  In the absence of one of those head thigummybobs you get in clothing and accessory shops, I decided to utilise him.  I didn't go as far as to pierce his ears though- I don't want the RSPCSA (Royal Society of the Prevention of Cruelty to Stuffed Animals) arresting me.


This lovely necklace cost me £1.50 in a junk shop in Bognor Regis.  Seriously, people have no idea what they're throwing/ giving away.  The man who ran the place could probably have fetched ten times that had he taken it down to an antiques fair.
I think the earrings I bought to go with it were £4.50 in the Debenhams sale.  They're by Matthew Williamson.

This stunning, ecclesiastical piece did come from an antiques fair, at Alexandra Palace, and was a present (but he let slip that it cost him £15!)  I've had it for years and it always receives compliments.  


This one is from a charity shop.  The central stone fell out and got lost, so I simply gouged a contrasting pink stone from an old, unused piece of jewellery, applied the Araldite and voila!


The necklace was a charity shop present, and when I saw these earrings in the New Look sale, for only £1.50, I had to have them as they go with it nicely (if not perfectly).


This necklace and earring set is my current favourite (I am wearing it on my blog photo).  The set cost me £7 reduced from either £25 or £28 in the Debenhams sale, and was some find! It has already lost one strand of diamanté, but for that price, I can live with it.

My friend has suggested that I show stuff like this in "real time" and display current bargains, so that everyone who reads my blog can take advantage of them.  A kind of SuperSavvy Me. 
 You know, I might just start doing that!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment