Thursday 3 December 2020

BLINGTIME...

I haven't published many blog posts this year, and this will probably be my last offering of 2020.  Circumstances have meant that most of the kind of tourist attraction places I'd usually visit have been closed.  Plus, I had to devote my time to completing my year-long Creative Writing MA (which I gained a Merit in...😊) so most of my reading has been of academic texts.

This blog is a fashion thingumajig, showcasing some of my bling.  I'm a lover of anything glittery and glamourous, have a borderline-stupendous collection of costume jewellery and don't understand why anybody would want to dress in an understated fashion- overstate everything, darlings!👄

I have blogged about my finery before.  Here is my Titanic/ Caister Lifeboat jewellery blog:-

My flamboyant pink necklace blog:-

My bow accessories blog:-

And my selection of blingtastic delights blog (a couple of these pieces have given up the ghost and have since fallen to bits!)

This elegant diamante necklace came from a vintage fair at Valentine's Mansion, Ilford, and cost £3...

This came from a charity shop in Plymouth and cost £4.50.  I think the design looks rather Art Deco...

This was also from Devon- Exmouth this time, from an antiques/ junk shop.  It was £5... 

This was brand new,  £5 from Great Yarmouth's best shop, Bubblegum Boutique...

This was also new and £5, from Bubblegum Boutique...

This was £10 from Sainsbury's, and SuperDean bought it for me as a birthday present...

This was £4.50, from a charity shop in Camden Town.  It reminds me of boiled sweets...

This beauty was only 50p from a charity shop in Hayle, Cornwall.  Childish?  Maybe- but it makes for a cute summer bracelet...😀

I always wanted one of these Anne Boleyn style necklaces, but with my own initial.  Historic Royal Palaces were charging £50 for such a thing, so I thought balls to that, bought the ubiquitous B version from eBay for a couple of quid and applied my tools.  I'm lucky to have the initial that allows me to do that!

Here is my Charlie the Chocolate Magic Monkey modelling my skull necklace, which (as you'd expect) gets slung around my neck on Halloween.
None of the pictures I took using him as my model today came out well- overexposed/ underexposed/ lacking in detail etc...

I first saw a necklace like this in gold, in Blackpool, but wanting silver bought this from eBay for £12.
Here's me having a burlesque moment, modelling it (and nothing else.😉)  
I'm quite pleased with this photo as no filters were used and I think I look okay.  Yes, I know my roots need doing, but I've been going grey since I was 17 and it's not like it's something that's difficult to remedy, so I don't sweat the small stuff...

And that concludes my blingtime adventure...

Hopefully next year things will get back to normal.  I'm sure I can make a start by checking out some outdoor, easily accessible attractions...

Until then...

TTFN

The Miss Elaineous

XXX
XX
X





 

No comments:

Post a Comment