Monday 12 August 2024

KENWOOD HOUSE YOUTUBE VLOG LIVE...

 My Kenwood House YouTube vlog is now live!

Link:-

A house has stood on this site since 1916, and it passed into the hands of William Murray in 1754.  He was the Lord Chief Justice from 1756, before being created 1st Earl of Mansfield in 1776. Mansfield employed famous architect Robert Adam to expand upon the existing house and decorate it throughout.

Come and take a walk in my shoes and I'll show you the current art exhibition, called Strike A Pose: Stephen Farthing And The Swagger Portrait.  This is where the artist adds his own modern twists to traditional poses.  Next to this is the Decorative Arts Collection, which include the Draper Gift.  These are a collection of over 100 miniatures gifted by Mary Elizabeth Jane Irving Draper.  As well as these there are also lots of glittery buckles, and some fabulous jewellery.

Dido Elizabeth Belle- the illegitimate daughter of Sir John Lindsay, the nephew of the 1st Earl of Mansfield, and an enslaved African called Maria- lived here, so find out more about her life.  Finally, we'll go for a walk in the garden to see the Sham Bridge that you can't walk on, and I'll show you where I think the River Fleet (one of London's underground rivers) is.

  As you know, I will always be a writer before anything else, and I have blogged about Kenwood House too, link:-


Remember to like and subscribe, and don't forget to follow my blog as well!

TTFN

The Miss Elaineous

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXX
X

No comments:

Post a Comment