Sunday 4 August 2024

SOUTHEND CENTRAL MUSEUM VLOG LIVE...

 My Southend Central Museum vlog is now live!



Link:-

Come and see the unusual side to Southend-on-Sea, as I take you to Southend Central Museum. As well as their static exhibition, they are also featuring a display dedicated to the Prittlewell Princely Burial. In 2003 a road widening scheme was proposed, and the Museum of London Archeology held a dig- its purpose to discover if anything was left of the Anglo-Saxon burials discovered in 1923.


They struck gold- literally! Purely by accident they stumbled across the remains of a high-status burial chamber, and the artefacts they discovered are displayed here. Alas, there was no body- he has long dissolved into the earth.

We will then be touristy, as I take you down the world's longest pier, which is 1.33 miles long, and tell you about the pier trains.

  As you know, I will always be a writer before anything else, and I have blogged about Southend more than once, links:-

Remember to like and subscribe, and don't forget to follow my blog as well!

TTFN

The Miss Elaineous

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXX
X

No comments:

Post a Comment